Thursday, December 28, 2023

DCCCXLVIII. LIGETI, György: Mátraszentmrei Dalok

DCCCXLVIII. LIGETI, György (1923-2006)

Mátraszentmrei Dalok (1955)
1. Három hordó (1:10)
2. Igaz zerelem (1:14)
3. Gomb, gomb (1:23)
4. Erd
öbe, erdöbe (0:55)
London Sinfonietta Voices
Terry Edwards, cond.

1. Three barrels

I have three barrels of wine
All of them are open now
With wine as sweet as honey
If you love me, look at me

There are three heads of lettuce here
Three girls are harvesting them
I don't need any of the lettuces
I only need the harvesters

Let's drink here, let's drink here
This is a good place
How it flows, how it spills
We can have fun here

Drink, drink
Once you have arrived
Afterwards you can rest
On your pillow

I have three barrels of wine ...

Three bushes of redcurrants
Three girls picking them
I don't want the redcurrants
I only want the ones who are picking them


2. True love

My little angel's brass trellised gate
Oh, how often it was open for me
God bless you, brass latch-gate
And you my love, read this summons
Read my marching orders
And then forget my name
I can never forget your name
Can you see, my dove? This is true love!


3. Pompon

Pompon, pompon, a line of buttons
I am buttoning up my silk waistcoat
With its thirty-three buttons
Heigh, my lover's name is sewn on it

Heigh, listen to what I said
The girl is pretty when she turns red
If she is not red but pale
I embrace her tightly
I embrace her and kiss her happily!


4. Out in the woods

Out in the woods, in the rosemary forest
While I was with my love, my best ox ran away
On your feet, help me find my ox, you lads
He came home to his stall long ago
I hear his bell tinkling!

I know that bell, it was in my hand
I bought it at the last market for my prized beast
It was a hundred forints, and it belongs to my lover
Her name is engraved on it in golden letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CMLXXVIII. MOZART, Wolfgang Amadeus: Concerto #1 in G Major for Flute and Orchestra, K. 313

CMLXXVIII. MOZART, Wolfgang Amadeus (1756-1791) Concerto #1 in G Major for Flute and Orchestra, K. 313 (1778) 1. Allegro maestoso 2. Adagio...