Friday, October 7, 2022

CDI. TISHCHENKO, Boris: Three Songs to Poems of Marina Tsvetayeva

CDI. TISHCHENKO, Boris (1939-2010)

Three Songs to Poems of Marina Tsvetayeva (1970)
1. The Window (1:57)
2. The Leaves Have Fallen (2:54)
3. The Mirror (2:38)
Mila Shkirtil, mezzo-soprano
St. Petersburg State Symphony Orchestra
Yuri Serov, cond.


See Post CCXII for Shostakovich's setting of six poems by this gifted Stalinist victim.

The Window

Here's another window
Where they are awake
Maybe they drink wine
Maybe they stay up late
Or maybe they would simply
Not unlink their hands
Every house, my friend
Has a window like that

Cries of partings, meetings --
Window in the night!
Maybe there are a hundred candles
Maybe there are three ...
And my restless mind
Cannot find peace
For in my own home
This has appeared

Pray, my friend, for this sleepless home
For the blazing window!

The Leaves Have Fallen

The leaves have fallen over your grave
And the air smells of winter
Listen, the deceased one, my darling:
You are still mine

You laugh! What a charming road coach!
The moon is high
You are mine -- without a doubt and as real
As my own hand

And again, early in the morning, I will walk
To the hospital's doors
You simply went away to the distant lands
To the great seas

I kissed you! I put a spell on you!
I laugh at the darkness of the grave!
I do not believe death! I am waiting for you
At the station -- to bring you home!

Let the leaves fall, and the words
On your wreaths fade away
If you are dead to the entire world
Then so am I
I see, I feel -- I sense you everywhere
Despite the faded sashes of your wreaths!
I have not forgotten you and I will not forget you for the
Whole of eternity!

I know how useless these promises are
I know their futility
A letter into eternity
A letter into boundless space
A letter into the void

The Mirror

I want to ask a mirror, reflecting mist
And a hazy dream
Where will your path take you
And where it will lead you to rest

I see: the mast of a ship
And you are on its deck ...
You -- in the steam of a train ... Fields
In the evening lament

The evening fields in dew
Above them ... crows ...
I bless you
To travel all four paths!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CMLXXXII. SCHÜTZ, Heinrich: Psalmen Davids, Psalm #111: Ich Danke Dem Herrn

CMLXXXII. SCHÜTZ, Heinrich (1585-1672) Psalmen Davids, Psalm #111: Ich Danke Dem Herrn (1619) Festival Oude Muziek (5:07) When antiphony w...